Noakes Group - supporting Australian yachting
Noakes Group is proud to support the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia, its members and fellow competitors in Australian yacht racing. Noakes Group is pleased to provide CYCA members the following exclusive offers for services at Noakes Group:
- Complimentary collection and return service for vessels berthed at CYCA marina
- 10% discount off Rosman Cruises vessel hire
The Noakes Group values are reflected through financial contribution as naming-rights sponsor of Australia's blue water classic yacht race, the Noakes Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race; and also through the values that Noakes upholds daily throughout company operations.
Noakes Group values
- Environmental awareness and protection - In addition to an EPA license requiring strict controls and monitoring on-site to minimise environmental impacts, all employees are inducted to have an appreciation of the waterways surrounding Noakes and participate in regular beach cleans of Berry’s Bay and the nearby Harbour during company time.
- Investing in the future - To help fill a global skills shortage in the marine industry, Noakes has undertaken a committment to train seven Shipwright Apprentices through four-year apprenticeships, as well as offering new tradespeople tool grants and individually tailored modular training programs to ensure targetted and thorough on-the-job specialist training.
- Restoration projects - Restoration projects on historic vessels important to Sydney Harbour heritage including MV Radar (1946), Huon pine yacht Wathara (built 1948), and other classic projects providing opportunity to uphold traditional boatbuilding methods, often funded by Noakes Group.
- Police and Defence contracts - Noakes Group provides services to the Department of Defence, Marine Area Service Command and NSW Maritime, requiring utmost professionalism and integrity in vessel maintenance and repairs, as Noakes Group sets the standard for industry best-practice.
- Shipwright Services - Insurance surveys; Specialist repair in fibreglass, wood, carbon-fibre; Gel-coat repairs; repair and replacement of teak decks; rudder and keel modifiations; swim platforms & duckboards; osmosis repair
- Paint - Antifoul; full hull repaint and touch-ups; expert colour matching; spray or hand finishing; boot stripes and cove lines; spar painting; Propspeed; graphics
- Rigging - Rig checks, repair and replace standing and running rigging; mast building; splicing and waging; supply and fit furlers; wire and rope supply
- Boatyard - water blasting; topside clean and polish; scrape and antifoul; wetrub to race finish anode replacement
- Engineering and fabrication - welders trained to Lloyds Register standard;fabrication in all metals; engine and generator servicing; bearing replacement
For a quote and availability, contact us.